View Single Post
Old January 14, 2019, 01:28 PM   #13
CDW4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by claydoctor View Post
I am among those not comfortable with Condition One and wonder if ambi safeties don't double the chances of the thumb safety being accidentally wiped off
Pressure required to disengage thumb safety can be increased so that it is very "positive" - aint getting swiped off accidentally.
Some 1911's (Ruger) come with a kinked plunger tube spring, it is done intentionally to keep the spring from flying out, but it (kink) also reduces force.
Replacing plunger tube spring with a new (unkinked) spring increases pressure on the thumb safety; also, a small detent can be made (Dremel) on the thumb safety so that disengagement requires increased force.

None of my 1911's have an ambi thumb safety.

Glock striker is "pre-cocked" (partially cocked) you just can't see it.
The Springfield XD series was fully cocked (unless that has been changed) when a round chambered, you just can't see it.

Seeing a cocked hammer is discomforting to some, my wife never liked "cocked & locked" until she got a 9mm Ruger CMD 1911 - it is her carry pistol now.

Page generated in 0.02974 seconds with 8 queries