View Single Post
Old May 8, 2012, 11:38 AM   #11
dmt411

The powder measure being used is the Lee Pro Auto-Disk Powder Measure. I look into about 50% of the cases to assure I can at least see powder in it. Realizing of course I can't tell if I have 7.2 or 1.2 grains but can at least see powder.

FrankenMauser, thanks for the input.

I should clear up, all of the 9's were loaded with minimum loads, not the 10% light, that was only on the 45's. Also it won't take long to pound out the rest of the 2k 9's as most of them have been fired as they were made, that is how I knew I had 10-15 out of 2k that were bad. So it won't take long to empty the last two.

wncchester, I think you are onto something, I believe it was a green shirt with a NE breeze I probably should have gone with blue.

89blazin, that is my only thought as well that one either missed powder all together or was very light. The only reason I don't think this is the case is one afternoon I loaded a batch of 20 9's with a 124 gr magtech bullet a friend had with a powder load according to Hodgdon's website and watched each one closely before adding the bullet to assure powder was present and one of them failed and lodged a bullet in the barrel. This was about the time I bought some HS6 and started to load the 45's.

Page generated in 0.02413 seconds with 8 queries