View Single Post
Old December 8, 2008, 02:56 PM   #14
Musketeer

Quote:
They can only be NY compliant if they were in the state pre-ban. My wording was incorrect, they can be purchased but not imported. The law specifically bans "semi-automatic versions of fully-automatic weapons."

Section V under "miscellaneous"

v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or firearm;
Which is decided by...

I can walk into gun shops across Long Island and see plenty of AK and AR "clones" that are new and NY compliant. Understand that the term "AK-47" is used generically. What makes a weapon a semi auto copy of a full auto weapon? Simply being a semi auto action is not enough.

If those new weapons in shops across NY were not compliant with the law there would have been state action, there can be no doubt of that here.

Quote:
For those not in the know, L.I. has had A LOT of home invasions over the past couple of years.

Does anyone really think that these guys will now stop because they got shot at? HA! They will be more nervous next time, but they are not going to get jobs now & become productive members of society, in my honest opinion.
There has been plenty of press on the issue. Personally I believe the majority of these home invasions fall into one of three categories.

1. Actual invasions against occupied dwellings of law abiding citizens when the criminals know people are present. (This is in my opinion the rarest of the three, but still pretty horrifying.)

2. Home invasions against occupied dwellings of law abiding citizens when the criminals thought the dwelling unoccupied. (This was the case for the house across the street where the husband was away for several days with the car they use for travel, leaving the wife at home alone. Even I thought the house was empty when I looked out after hearing the alarm at 2am and saw the main car missing. The alarm scared them off. Probably second most common.)

3. The far and away most common home invasion... druggies stealing from each other. One person in the house deals resulting in their being targeted by others who know cash and drugs are present. Looking closely at many of the reports reveals this.

Of course I advocate being prepared for the worst of the three (case #1) but statistically the best things you can do are to make your presence in the home known and to nut deal drugs. Having a large dog doesn't hurt!

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

Page generated in 0.03442 seconds with 8 queries