View Single Post
Old August 6, 2009, 07:53 PM   #67
PT111

Quote:
Well, I guess we can close up TFL and call it a day! No more discussions allowed.
Not at all. I think this has been a very good discussion thread but it approaches the 10 second sound bite problem that the media loves and the public wants to have all the problems in the world solved with the one statement. In your OP you brought out the question and answer in your CWP class and was surprised at it. It would take the full 8 hour class to cover that question completely and there have been some very good points brought out. Discussions like this are extrememly useful but we must remember that we can't solve all the world's problems with one Internet thread or a 10 second sound bite.

The question was is it OK to shoot through a closed door and the answer was yes under certain circumstances. I would imagine that the person asking the question was asking about the outside door but as some have pointed out that it could be an interior door and that to me would be much different. The we could move to how about an door to an inside apartment or motel room. Would they be interior or exterior doors probably with no safe room to call 911 from.

We can't base our entire life around 10 second sound bites althought most officials get elected off of them so you see what happens when you pay too much attention to one. Suppose the instructor had answered the question with "Legally yes, but don't do it".

Page generated in 0.02598 seconds with 8 queries