View Single Post
Old August 6, 2009, 08:41 AM   #54
bababooey32

John - You are also missing entirely the point of my post. As stated several times already, the legality of the shoot is not in question. Fire away!

However, saying you are justified in shooting someone is not the same as saying you SHOULD be shooting them.

What if your wife came home early?

What if your neighbor stumbled in drunk?

You COULD shoot them, but do you want to? (you may choose not to answer regarding your wife )

There are a million what-if's - each of them solved by POSITIVELY identifying your target rather than identifying them through some process of elimination.

I am not saying there are also not several plausible scenarios where shooting through a door makes perfect sense. My over-arching point is that IN GENERAL, shooting through a door is a bad idea.

As for a blind shooter, unfortunately he has a higher burden than the rest of us. Certainly he doesn't have carte-blanche to fire away because of his blindness? If we asked him/her, my guess is that they would be even more cautious in ensuring any target was a true threat (by whatever means possible) before fireing. For a sighted person, the easiest way to positively identify your target is using your eyes. I cannot speak for the blind on what their tactics should be in a SD situation.

Page generated in 0.04992 seconds with 8 queries