View Single Post
Old July 19, 2018, 10:57 AM   #19
PawnWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfariswheel View Post
The best are the Brownell's Magna-Tip bits.

These are American made and are the finest quality available.
They offer more sizes then anyone else and you seldom have to grind a bit to get a perfect fit.
Professional gunsmiths time is valuable and we don't like having to waste time grinding a bit when we can get one that's ready made and fits properly.
Sometimes grinding a bit is necessary but not often with the Brownell's.

If you ever damage a bit, email Brownell's and they'll send you a replacement FREE.
So, it's "Buy once, Cry once" since you'll only have to buy a bit one time for life.

I recommend buying two of the "law enforcement" size handles...one magnetic and one clip-grip retention. You'll use both.
Many people think the magnetic retention handles are what's needed, but often the last thing you want is a screw that won't let go from the driver.
The law enforcement size are the perfect size for good control and no slipping like with bigger handles.

You can buy small sets, big master sets, and individual sets of three or four bits that fit a specific gun.
Buy the biggest set you can afford and as you need them buy other sizes to add to the set.

Unlike the Chapman sets, the Brownell's are long enough to fit into holes like the screw holes on single action trigger guards and back straps.
Try that with most sets and you'll gouge the edges of the holes.

As above, the Brownell's are top quality American made, where the Midway Wheeler sets are Chinese made and no where near the quality of the Brownell's.

You get what you pay for and the price of the Brownell's bits are far cheaper then having to buy an expensive and hard to get gun screw.
Also, customers are not real happy with scratched and gouged guns and dinked up screw slots.
I had no clue that they would replace a bit for free on the magna-tips. I rolled the torx bit, and just bought a new one for like 2-4 bucks. Thank you for telling me about their replacement policy.

Page generated in 0.04045 seconds with 8 queries