Thread: STANDARD!
View Single Post
Old July 13, 2018, 11:43 PM   #1
Model12Win

STANDARD!

Got my Ruger Mk IV Standard in!

LOVE IT!!!

Guys I bought the Target model as soon as the IVs came out. It was the closest thing to a classic looking pistol in the line, and truth be told I'd have greatly preferred a taper barrel fixed sight Standard model which of course was not available at launch...

See where this is going? Yep, Ruger decided to bring out my ideal model a year or so later, and I'm just now getting around to picking one up. Guys it is a BEAUTIFUL gun and it runs like a Swiss watch!! SUPER fun! Very accurate and has run several different loads without flaw, including some light subsonic CCI ammo.

Compared to my Target, it's night and day, seriously. The Standard is about 7 ounces lighter than the Target, which has a 5.5" bull barrel and the Standard has a 4.75" taper barrel. By comparison the Target feels piggish and ungainly and is certainly a bigger gun and would not make as good a piece for carrying in the field as the lightweight Standard.

Granted the Target probably is better for different loads and competition, but as an everyday plinking companion the graceful Standard is absolutely ideal. Lithe in the hand, trim in weight and dimension, easy on the eyes, and evocative of simpler times, I believe so far that the Ruger Mk IV is the best .22 handgun I have ever owned.

Just thought I'd share guys, my Target is for sale in like-new shape if anyone wants it, I'll cut you a good deal. I frankly have no use for it anymore.

-M12

Page generated in 0.03267 seconds with 8 queries