View Single Post
Old March 18, 2019, 03:51 PM   #31
NavyVet1959

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelf2 View Post
From the engineering perspective, you will have to figure out what you will need to use, instead of nipples and caps, to ignite a magnum(ish) charge. There's that pesky little hole in the nipple that will allow hot gasses to backflow. 209 primers perhaps?
Yeah, that would probably be a good choice. Considering how difficult it is to put the percussion caps on the cylinder when the cylinder is installed on the gun, I don't foresee it being a good choice if you anticipate needing a quick reload. But, I guess it is small enough that you could carry two (one on each side) if you were concerned with that. Personally, I wouldn't even mind it if you needed to use a tool to be inserted through the muzzle end of the cylinder in order to remove the spent primers.

Not a perfect fit for the holster, but it still feels snug.

And the obligatory cute puppy photo (blame it on my wife).

When you fill out your income tax forms at the end of the year, look and see how much money you have given the government throughout the year. Then, take a moment to ponder -- has the government done $X worth of stuff FOR you or TO you this year? I tend to believe the latter...
https://sites.google.com/site/navyvet1959

Last edited by NavyVet1959; March 18, 2019 at 04:21 PM.

Page generated in 0.02843 seconds with 8 queries