View Single Post
Old February 5, 2018, 10:30 PM   #25
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta49
So you see keeping children safe and not allowed unsupervised access to firearms as anti gun strange logic, i call it being a responsible gun owner.
Don't put words in my mouth. I am certainly in favor of keeping children safe. What I am not in favor of is insulating them from exposure to firearms, and treating them in ways that don't teach them that they are, ultimately, responsible for their actions. Yes, until children reach the legal age of adulthood the parents are legally liable for what their children do, but that should not absolve the children of learning to be responsible human beings.

I'm old enough to have grown up in an era when most families had at least one gun in the house, and it was rarely locked up. Kids were taught to shoot at a young age (if I remember correctly, I think I was about ten when my grandfather taught me and my brother to shoot -- my brother was eight). and along with that came being taught responsibility, and that we WOULD NOT touch a firearm without parental (or grandparental) permission. That's just the way it was, and the adults didn't need gun safes or trigger locks to enforce it.

Page generated in 0.03238 seconds with 8 queries