Thread: Brady's death
View Single Post
Old August 9, 2014, 05:12 AM   #24
mag1911

This is just for information only and not a comment on Ms Brady's political views nor to solicit any other political comments.

I read an interview with Sarah Brady in Parade magazine shortly after being hired by whatever Handgun Control was calling itself at the time.

She said in the interview she knew Jim would have a job as long as Reagan was in office but worried what would happen after. She also commented on how much she would miss being involved in national politics and all the attention, socializing, etc that goes with it after they left the White House.

She said she didn't have any gun contol aspirations even after the shooting until she was riding in a pickup truck on a ranch and saw a pistol on the dashboard. She said that galvanized her into action but she didn't sound very convincing to me.

What I took away from the article was she needed a job to replace Jim's, that she wanted to remain in the national spotlight and this seemed a way to get both regardless of what she actually thought about the issue.

Last edited by mag1911; August 9, 2014 at 05:44 AM.

Page generated in 0.01994 seconds with 8 queries