View Single Post
Old March 12, 2013, 11:49 AM   #4
Erno86

I use wet patches...soaked with Simple Green solution, that I run thru the bore {once} with a .17 caliber cleaning rod, till they come out clean --- then I use 22 caliber bronze core brushes soaked with copper remover --- will the help cleaning rod follower with a 22 caliber cleaning rod.
Use a chamber rod and chamber brush, that I bought from Sinclair, {soaked with Simple Green} rotate twelve times.
Run soaked brushes six to ten times {back an forth} thru barrel, soak again with copper cleaner --- run six to ten times more --- wait 6 minutes, run dry brush six to ten times more, clean out with three dry patches, 3 soaked {cotton flannel patches that I buy in square yards at Wallmart or Jo-Ann Fabrics} patches with Hoppes #9, three dry patches, one oily patch and one dry patch.

Spray receiver & upper with high pressure degreaser {using eye protection}, wipe carrier and bolt clean. Take extractor pin out {using firing pin} and clean extractor, without getting brake cleaner on any rubber parts. Oil bolt and front part of the bolt carrier, and oil lower trigger group. GunZilla is a non-explosive, vegetable based cleaner and lubricant; but will take the finish off of some wood stocks. My oil lubricant...is a semi-synthetic motor oil.

Last edited by Erno86; March 12, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

Page generated in 0.04531 seconds with 8 queries