View Single Post
Old February 1, 2013, 10:02 AM   #49
Jimro

Quote:
Bottom line is, which shooting system (rifle, ammo & reloading tools and techniques) would your rather have regarding the size range in units of measurements for its test group sizes you produce:

* from 0.5 to 6 units.

* from 1 to 4 units
That really depends on whether I'm a good enough shooter to tell the difference in 2 units. I am from a scoped bolt rifle with bipod and scope, I am not with a service rifle and a sling. Both weapon systems are capable of sub MOA groups, however I have no problem practicing with 1.1 MOA 5.56 ammo for my service rifle AR right now (meets the same accuracy standard as Mk262, just using a 75gr bullet instead of 77 matchking).

If I miss the ten ring, it is me, not the rifle or ammo. Of course the High Power targets are plenty generous compared to F Class.

I guess if I were shooting a Tubb2K or Stohl benchrest rig and I could hold 1/2 MOA precision I would think differently. As it is, I don't expect my service AR to ever shoot below .75 MOA with the Colt HBAR barrel it has on it right now, although I have a Krieger on the shelf waiting for this one to get worn out.

Jimro

Page generated in 0.02972 seconds with 8 queries