View Single Post
Old December 28, 2012, 03:27 PM   #17
OJ

Before going any further - I intended to make it clear I was responsible - no one else - but - it appears ai didn't make one thng clear -

Quote:
Quote:
the range officer who sold me that ammo assured me it was OK to shoot in my Glock

That was your mistake. Buying reloads from your local "Joe Reloader" can be a disaster waiting to happen.
The box of reloads he sold me were factory reloads - not from "Joe Reloader" - so I assumed they would be safe - I've made mistakes before. My guess, in retrospect, was the reloaded case might have allowed the bullet to be pushed back and seated too deeply when it was chambered - thus producing a much higher pressure on firing than the gun was designed to handle. Whatever - but, it became quite clear to me even if reloads came from a factory - they were still "reloads" and, the cases had been stressed at least once -

Hope that clears that up -

That was somewhat of a side issue - my point was - how will any one shooting +P+ ammo know it wasn't ok unless the gun blows up in their face? That's how I learned factory reloads were not safer than any "Joe Reloader" loads or any reloads. I've paid tuition for lessons before and probably will again - I won't be 100 years old for almost 14 years more -

Sorry I didn't make that point clear.
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Last edited by OJ; December 28, 2012 at 03:48 PM.

Page generated in 0.03881 seconds with 8 queries