View Single Post
Old May 20, 2012, 05:36 PM   #18
Deaf Smith

Quote:
it will look better than saying that I did not aim, and thus "recklessly" and "without due reguard for the safety of others" fired the shot that was addressed 'to whom it may concern' and struck someone else.
Sleuth,

NYPD regularly miss most of their shots as in the stats below. Now when they fire 90 rounds and hit the intended target a few times do they say they used their sights for EVERY shot? Even here at TFL there are numerous post of cops firing lots of shots and missing. Do they all swear they saw their shots for every shot?

Now there will be times due to darkness you just cannot see the sights (but as I have posted above there are ways around this) and to still then say you used your sights, well ok.

But Sleuth, you are not saying you did not 'aim'. You are just saying you did not use those two knobby things on your gun to guide the bullet. That's kind of different.

Deaf

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/o...#ixzz1vS4OmFLv

Over the past 10 years, city cops fired 4,702 bullets, accidentally pulled the trigger 323 times, and missed 78 percent of their intended targets, according to data The Post culled from a decade's worth of NYPD annual firearm-discharge reports.

Page generated in 0.05540 seconds with 8 queries