View Single Post
Old May 28, 2011, 11:12 AM   #1
ZVP

Holster trimming,some advice needed?

I just bought a '62 PIEITTA .36 Cal Police. Neat revolver however it is built on Pieittas full sized .36 Navy frame and cylinder
The Triple K Holster sold by Cabela's is supposed to fit the gun but reading over the reviews, I noted that replies say that the Holster is actually sized to fit the Remington Pocket model...
I DID locate a nice, functional ( and semi-period correct), holster elswhere in their Catalog. It's also made by Triple K, so it must be good quality as their other produvts are!
The Holster is a Mexiacn, single loop desigh with a "Slim Jim"
The problem is that I'll need to cut the pistol pocket. There is no large back fender behind the pocket. Nice trim design! I'll need to cut about 1 1/2" of material off the end and dead-end stitch it, This should make for a perfect right side, Pistol pocket. I will also need to affix a hammer thong for good gun retentin.
For the low Cabela's Catalog price, this holster was a real bargan!
This will be my FIRST Leather project of any sort and I'd appreciate any lay-out or stitching tips that you all may wish to pass on, OK?
I was planning on running an extra line of 6-8 swtitches to dead-end the thread run at the bottom of the Holster so's the thread dosen't unwind.
I'd appreciate any tips tou might want to pass along.
Thanks,
ZVP

Page generated in 0.02560 seconds with 8 queries