View Single Post
Old December 8, 2010, 12:48 PM   #4
cptmclark

Quote:
I routinely perform trigger work on these and have to admit that I have never used Clark material. I mostly use Voltquortsen (spelling) or Power Custom. Basically you have the following parts; Trigger, Sear/Disconnector sub assembly and hammer. I'm not sure where the pop is coming from, but when you hand operate the Sear/Disconnector Sub assembly, there will be a little "click" and that's normal. There is a designated spring in this sub-assembly and can hardly be confused with any other small spring in there.
Thanks for the ideas. The little "click" you mention is what I assumed to be the "creep". Checking it again just now, I note that I can gently pull the trigger enough to get the click, without dropping the hammer. The pull to get the click is about 3 pounds, and the hammer falls at about 3.7. The result is creep. Also, I noted that the return spring force is about two pounds, but I can't see that it's binding. When it's all assembled, as when I just hand work the trigger parts alone, I hear the spring coils going into the hole in the subassemly, and the click you mentioned.

Page generated in 0.03844 seconds with 8 queries