View Single Post
Old November 15, 2010, 08:16 AM   #38
Brit

Free thinking

The Firing Line is a polite area, that ideas are presented, and debated, and this IMHO is a good thing.

As Florida is a gun friendly State, you can carry concealed, for self protection just about anywhere, with few exceptions.

You may protect yourself, and others, without to many worries, as the Castle Doctrine is alive and well.

Certain realities need to be established very early in your growth as a gun carrying person. In no special order, your gun must be as trouble free as possible (each time you press the trigger, it should go bang!) the rate of rounds re weight should be realistic, this criteria is a guesstimate on how many rounds could you use, without a re-load? that history has taught us has happened.

Can we agree if your gear is to heavy, you might not want to carry it every day, or move down in calibre to carry, a less than adequate stopper, I know people who do, because it is easier.

My choice, Glock 19 weight empty 21 oz, Colt 45, a fine pistol, but weighs 39 oz, that is a huge difference, magazine capacity difference, 15 in the Glock, 7 or 8 in the Colt.

Reading the books of such experts as Dr. Vincent Di Maio, it becomes quickly apparent that the over riding factor in shooting bad people, is where you shoot them, and also in such underpowered weapons such as hand guns, how many times.

I hope this little insight into my thought pattern has started a thought process, one that is a little more simple than some.

Page generated in 0.02801 seconds with 8 queries