View Single Post
Old November 8, 2010, 09:27 PM   #28
KenpoTex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavracer
Look I realize there's more than one way to skin a cat. I understand your all about having the gun up high to transition to sights. You do it however you want.But having the gun as high as you are showing does two things it adds time before muzzle will cover BG...
I don't think you'll find an appreciable difference in time but to each their own...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavracer
...and in the video you are shooting down through the abdomen IMHO shooting up through the chest from a slightly lower retention position will have better results.and I find it gives me better control and ability to shield my weapon.
and like Fiddletown said
Something to think about:

If you are in a situation where you are forced to shoot from a retention position, the gun is only a very small part of the problem. We have to remember that the bad guy is not just going to be standing there, he is probably trying to either take our gun...or take our head off. In this situation, obtaining and maintaining dominant position is paramount. In fact, attempting to use the gun before obtaining positional-dominance makes it very possible that you will lose the gun.

The downward muzzle-orientation that results from the pectoral-index and locked wrist allow us a fairly large "workspace" in which we can utilize our support-hand to shield/cover against an attack, manipulate our opponent's position to allow us an opportunity to shoot unimpeded, or to check/foul his attempts to reach our gun. You are correct when you say that a lower position will orient the muzzle such that rounds will impact higher in the torso. However, it also shrinks the available workspace considerably; increasing the chance that one will shoot himself if attempting to use the support hand to manage the attack.

Matt K.

Last edited by KenpoTex; November 8, 2010 at 09:35 PM.

Page generated in 0.05013 seconds with 8 queries