View Single Post
Old January 3, 2009, 10:30 AM   #183
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
just quit trying to tell everybody your just as well armed without a reload.
Where did I say that? I said the odds are so ridiculously remote that you will never need it in a hundred lifetimes. That is what the data indicates. Does it help to carry 500 rounds if you need 2? Does it help to carry 20 if you need 2? It is logical to load a gun to capacity. That's why it has that capacity. If a reload was "required" we're back to the question of "What about the guy whose gun holds 18 rounds?" Does HE need a reload? If I carry a revolver do I need 2 reloads? If you think 12 is enough, can't I just carry a gun that holds 12 without a reload? See, there's no logic in the "reloads are necessary, period." but you obviously think it's VERY important or you wouldn't have asked me how I'd feel if I got someone killed.

By your thinking, I have to ask someone "How many rounds does your gun hold?" Them: "10." Me: "Oh, boy that's right on the edge. Hm, you better carry a reload..." but if them says "18" Well, see it's been determined that your only safe if you carry 20 rounds (For example). You better bring an extra mag with 2 rounds in it. If their CRAZY enough to pack a revolver! "Well son... you'd better have 3 maybe 4 speed loaders or you're under gunned."

See? There's no logic in the argument. My argument makes so much more sense:

Them: "Do you think I need a reload?"
me: "Well, odds are you'll never need your gun at all, but I do recommend that you carry one if your comfortable doing so. As for reloads, it's a near 0, once in 3 lifetimes event but, if it makes you more comfortable, go ahead and carry a reload."

Last edited by Brian Pfleuger; January 3, 2009 at 10:38 AM.

Page generated in 0.03242 seconds with 8 queries