View Single Post
Old February 17, 2006, 02:33 PM   #1
kesserman

Dry fire fun with video camera

Some people stay up at night dreaming up ‘would you shoot’ scenarios. I stay up thinking about stuff like this.

Say I set up a video camera on a dry fire target. I have in hand my soon to be purchased 686 Smith with Crimson Trace laser grip.

I begin to dry fire with my camera running.

Take my footage and digitize it into my computer (The Tech Geeks will know what I’m talking about)

When they film a movie, they capture the Sound and Picture separately. When you see the old timey slate that they clap down before they call action, you’re seeing what the editor uses to line up the picture with the sound. He slides the picture (when the bars of the slate close together) so it lines up with the ‘clap’ sound on the audio track.

So, I line up with the one frame that has the sound of the hammer falling (very easy to do with software) and I should be able to tell by the Crimson Trace where my shot goes on the target.

At the end of the day, I could place all my shots (Via Photoshop, or some other Image edit program, or even string them together to make a video clip of my tags as they hit)

I was thinking this would be a good way to work on my double action.

Think it would work? Has anyone tried such a thing? Is it a good training tool? Am I nuts?

Page generated in 0.02546 seconds with 8 queries