View Single Post
Old June 27, 2008, 09:37 PM   #34
Scattergun Bob

Hi Guys

Gee I get busy and don't watch the forum and I miss all the fun!!!!

bryan2010x, the simple answer to your question is Rem Police Mag is had some hand fitting, better QA inspections on parts and some speciality parts distinctive to this flavor of 870. Your friends scattergun should except most stock sets plastic or wood.

NOW HOWEVER I need to correct a couple of errors that I was surprised to find in this post.

1st - the ejector in Remington 870 and 1100 series shotguns are RIVITED not STAKED into the receiver before they are finished. It is not easy or factory recommend to remove or replace the ejector, if you do so it MAY require a re-finish of the receiver!

2nd - THERE IS MORE TO MAGUMUN 870 SCATTERGUNS THAN LENGTH OF THE EXTRACTOR!!!! I know many of you are unaware of 2 3/4 only barrels. thousands of these barrels exist and their chamber length is SHORTER than 3" rounds. I am not sure that you can even force a 3" in a 2 3/4" chamber if you do the results of restricting the mouth of the shell will be devastating.

[B]WE ALL NEED TO BE "SHOTGUN SURE"[/SIZE] OF THE CORRECTNESS OF INFORMATION WE PRODUCE IN THIS FORUM. SHOOTING LONG ROUNDS IN SHORT CHAMBERS CAN COST SOMEONE THEIR LIFE!!!!!!!

Good Luck & Be Safe

Page generated in 0.02423 seconds with 8 queries