View Single Post
Old January 30, 2020, 09:11 PM   #24
FrankenMauser

Quote:
Following up on my post above, I called the number provided for comments in the article. The woman who took my call said the BATFE cannot add another option for race, because those categories come from the Office of Management and Budget, and all federal agencies that collect such data must use the same, standard categories. The woman told me that people of mixed race can "self-identify" (her words -- which happen to be the same way I would describe it) as either Black or White ... or they can check both.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

I don't screw around on 4473s. But...

I've had a few government agencies, two colleges, and a few medical offices get mad at me for checking everything, or nearly everything, on less important forms - sometimes including the "Other" and/or "Prefer not to answer" options.

About 10% of the time, they used white-out on the form and checked "White" after I had signed it.

I had an insurance form show up last year to update my information, after I tried an address change over the phone. In the gender section, there was an "Other" option. Apparently, "Siberian Tiger" is not a recognized gender. They sent me another one...

Page generated in 0.02475 seconds with 8 queries