View Single Post
Old September 1, 2011, 02:27 PM   #1
dukhnt

Help with a custom Tony Barnes Sako.

Hi guys, first post here, nice to meet everyone, and thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

I used to work at a gun shop while in high school / college. During that time I met an amazing guy named Tony Barnes. Some of you may have heard of Tony or seen some of the beautiful A1 Sako pistols he was famous for making. I had finally talked Tony into making one of these for me after bugging him for years and years. Sadly, he passed away not long after.
I was able to acquire one of Tony’s pistols from another close friend. The problem I have is that I don’t do any reloading, and have almost zero knowledge of the art. In order to shoot this pistol, I will need a great deal of help.

The caliber is a 6 BH. The “B” stands for Barnes (Tony’s last name) and the “H” stands for Harrett. (from Steve Harrett of Harrett Stocks). The brass starts out as a 30-30 and is transformed into this caliber after being necked down and several other alterations in order to work in the bolt action.

I was able to find a few pieces of brass, but no dies. There isn’t anyone local that I know of who would be willing or have the experience and knowledge to help me with this situation. Is there anyone here who might be willing to assist me with this issue? I of course would be willing to pay for the expenses and time. I’m not asking for a handout. It would be so nice to be able to shoot this pistol.

Here is a picture of the gun.

Page generated in 0.02554 seconds with 8 queries