View Single Post
Old January 17, 2019, 10:14 PM   #103
hounddawg

Quote:
Being made in China seems to give machinery all the reason it needs to fail.
I had to replace 12 bearings this week. Went to the parts house to order Dodge bearings. Guy told me, "You don't want Dodge, they cost $625 each and the Chinese bearing is only $300 each." I told him "order the Dodge bearings." Money WELL spent.
That may be part of it but when I was 15 I started sweeping up in my uncles machine shop which was rural enough which mostly made parts for sawmills, farm equipment and anything else that someone needed yesterday. Stuff broke then, it breaks now. I made a nice living fixing it and still love to tinker.

I still don't see what is so complicated about setting a die. I just set up my new 6.0 CM sizing die in about 15 min using a freshly fired case and a Hornady comparitor. Resized cases are coming out exactly .003 under where they went into the die.

I started with the die touching the shell holder, backed it out 1/2 turn, lubed a case, sized it, measured it, turned the die in about 1/16th and repeated until the case measured .003 under what it went in. Locked the ring and that was that. No PHd required, no cam over required so why over complicate ?

I did check the sized case against my GO gage and they are the same so I think I'll call the adjustment a success

Page generated in 0.02577 seconds with 8 queries