View Single Post
Old January 14, 2011, 01:04 PM   #100
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

I take issue with the term Probable Cause. As I interpret it (And I may be wrong) is that a neighbor with an axe to grind, could make false claims against me to law enforcement. For instance, they could claim drug dealings or more heinous actions are taking place at my residence. Heck, they could claim they just saw me grab a kid off the street and haul them inside.

So when the officer arrives, I open the door and stand inside as he conveys the claim to me. I then reply that the neighbor is FoS and is just tryin' to harrass me and if this goes further, I will charge him with false charges/claims.

IMNSHO, the contact is complete and I am shutting my door and gettin' back to my coffee before it gets cold or to my beer before it gets warm.

I had a sort of similar issue when a neighbor thought he heard full auto gun fire from my place. It was a .22 ruger pistol and I had been trying to make it jam due to excessive fire rate.

I held it in one hand and "fanned" the trigger with the other.

2 cars arrived and asked to come inside to "look around" I declined and told them I was pretty sure what the neighbor was referring to... I offered to go get the pistol and replicate the sound of "full auto". All they asked me to do was bring it out empty, which I already intended to do.

In the mean time the "shift commander" had arrived.

I walked out with the OPEN pistol, mags, and a pint bowl of ammo.

With permission I let go one 10 round mag and they were all smilin' like school boys who had just witnessed an M-80 dropped in the toilet.

I stuck in the second mag and offered it up to them... before they left, I had run thru several mags and one officer asked what I had done to it. I told him i disabled the mag disconnect and loaded chamber indicator.

As they walked back to the squad cars, the most interested was tellin' the commander, "Man I am gettin' me one of them on payday."

But the point is, I had told them that no one was coming in without a warrant and I would, otherwise, I would help in anyway I could.

Brent

Page generated in 0.04057 seconds with 8 queries