View Single Post
Old January 3, 2007, 01:32 AM   #18
Topthis

Hmmm...didn't we just kind of do this about a million times?? I voted for #1. No, I am not a coward...just smart. Do I want to Kill someone? NO! Do I want to be Killed? NO! Do I want to protect me and my family? YES. So, I hear some noise perhaps a gunshot from outside...am I supposed to grab my gun and run outside to see if there is a BG that I get to kill?? What about my family inside my home, who's gonna protect them if I get taken down by the UNKNOWN outside? What happens if there are multiple attackers with guns or without and I am overpowered, now...I just gave them a gun and left my family alone and somewhat helpless, what if my wife or girlfriend has a gun inside..so what, she is still outnumbered by some really pissed off BG's. It's my opinion that running into an uncertain situation with a number of unknown variables is just about the dumbest thing a person can do in a tactical situation, waiting and gaining information and intelligence regarding what is going on is, in my opinion...smart. I have had a number of students (I taught Martial Arts) that are now in the Military, one is a SEAL (I have not heard or seen from in many a year), those that have seen war are not crazy about it because the enemy SHOOTS back, those that have taken lives are not to esctatic about it because they have lost friends as well...but I will tell you one thing, crazy and reckless they are NOT! Put in this situation, I would bet the house that they would arm themselves and wait to see what the stituation is...not run outside to find the BG's and "get sum". My father was in the Korean War, had one occasion hand-to-hand against a Chinese Wave and spent a brief time as a POW, he has had his fair share of "killing" and to this day does not like to talk about it. There is nothing glorified in "killing", even in a war! He owned an 870 and a 1911 that he kept loaded, we went over what to do if there was a break in and never was there mentioned my father leaving the family to go and investigate on his own...call the police, arm and gather us in the bedroom that was farthest from the noise...pretty smart and prudent if you ask me.

Page generated in 0.02215 seconds with 8 queries