View Single Post
Old October 28, 2013, 11:53 PM   #17
Koda94

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirod
....And, as said, it also goes to the ogive angle of the round and what it's made of, too. Lots of little details in feeding can cause it....
lots of good detail in your post Tirod makes sense to me, but in my laymans mind I just want it to work from the beginning.... however, I really like this pistol but don't want to jump the gun (pun intended) if all it needs is a breaking in period to smooth out those friction points.
I've been storing the mags fully loaded as well as (safely) chambering hollowpoints over and over again. The gun is properly lubed and cleaned but even immediately after last weekends range time (dirty gun) I've noticed the hollowpoints are feeding reliably more than not. I suspect overall I am finding my own solution. I need to swap out the hollowpoint selection set with ones never chambered and see (but my premium ammo cache is dangerously low...).

RickB, I think the frame is aluminum but the feed ramp on these pistols is 100% part of the barrel component and can be polished, which I might consider.

Page generated in 0.03009 seconds with 8 queries