View Single Post
Old August 11, 2001, 05:42 PM   #5
Southla1
Member In Memoriam

Some years ago my wife and brother in law were hunting on our lease while I was at work offshore. It was late in the year, and we still had 2 or 3 doe tags to fill. Late on the Saturday after noon a big (and I do mean BIG) doe crossed their path, and went about 50 yards into the woods. POP! one 30-30 in the ear and it was over. They came back after dark with help to get her out.2 men and one woman could not move her so brother in law gutted her (he ahd not done so bafore because it was cold and she was head shot). Well they got her out ok (finally), damn that was some good sausage, but the wife lost one of her good Isotona dress gloves that night. One week later we went back even though they did not know exactly where this event took place . From their description I went ot the spot even though they said "this is not it", and started loking around. They said this can't be the place because there are no guts. About that time I asked brother in law "if this ain't the place why is your insulated LSU "beverage" glass lying right over there? He said "damn this must be the spot but where are the guts?" I showed him a few spots where some of the undigested browse was lying on the ground and told him what happened. You could see all the small animal tracks all over the place. Oh by the way we found the wife's missing glove 3 days later stuck in the seat of her brother's truck.

Page generated in 0.02091 seconds with 8 queries