View Single Post
Old June 23, 2019, 01:15 PM   #2
tipoc

Quote:
Ok- so I picked up a M&p 2.0 5" 9mm to use for 3 gun,uspsa, steel challenge and idpa-
I put dawson competition sights and a apex trigger in/on it-- I was looking for faster tracking of the front sight--- so black target rear with f.o. front(skinny)
OK...

Quote:
I was starting to think maybe i'm just not as good as I thought ---but I took my shield(bone stock- 3 dot) to IDPA today. I shot a back up gun in the ssp division.. A big disadvantage I'm told .. well I shot sharpshooter on the qualifier...
So we have a clue to 2 possible ways to go. The first is that you have more time shooting the Shield so you shoot it better than a new gun. Seems you may need more time shooting the M&P 2.0. That's one possible take away.

The other possibility is that you prefer the stock sights on the Shield over the Dawson sights. Maybe you should have shot extensively with the stock M&P sights before switching to unknown sights on the M&P.

Maybe it's something else. Shoot the 2.0 more before swapping parts out. Isolate the issue first. Most often it's the shooter and not the gun.

tipoc
4. Identify your target and know what is beyond it.

Page generated in 0.09152 seconds with 8 queries