View Single Post
Old February 3, 2014, 11:49 AM   #24
old bear

Quote:
I didn't make it clear enough that my training was a long time ago, in the 1960's. But it was not unusual for the time. Modern training is much safer, but I wonder if it over emphasizes safety at the expense of a rapid response to deadly force.
My LEO firearm training was 10 years after James, even then the fully exposed trigger guard style holster was issued and required. If I remember correctly there were no "duty style" holsters that covered the trigger guard, with the exception of the military 'full flap" holsters. It may have happened, but in 27 years as a cop I never experienced, witnessed, or heard of an A/D caused by an exposed trigger guard style holster.

Are the current holsters better and Perhaps safer than what was in use 30+ years ago? In many cases they may be. But I still believe the greatest safety devise is the person using the gun.

We were also trained to insert our trigger finger into the trigger guard as the barrel of your revolver cleared the top of the holster, and was moving forward. Again, I know of no A/D that was caused by the above.

Page generated in 0.02330 seconds with 8 queries