View Single Post
Old November 26, 2012, 03:19 PM   #10
F. Guffey

Quote:
With the RCBC precision mic, the head space of this case measured about -0.005" (way over-sized) while my unsized once fired cases measure an average of -0.001" so would using these two measurements be a good method to say that i would need a Redding competition shell holder that is 0.002" to allow me to cam the press over and have the head space measurement im looking for of -0.003" ? (0.002" shorter than a fired case)

I think that should do. Try it then post the measurements. Use fired cases to test with.

Bart B. he said “With the RCBC precision mic, the head space of this case measured about -0.005". I measure the length of the chamber from the bolt face to the shoulder of the chamber, I measure the length of the case from the head of the case to the shoulder of the case before and again after firing.

Now tell me again what ‘Sammy says’. again, I measure the length of the chamber, I measure the length of the case THEN! I subtract the difference. Are you saying his head space is .005”? My opinion based on my observations it appears you have two different standards.

I am the fan of standards, transfers and verifying.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.03405 seconds with 8 queries