View Single Post
Old June 28, 2000, 01:18 PM   #12
Gunslinger

While growing up my dad and I took up trap shooting. Naturally we started reloading, which, of course, lead to some experimenting with various projectiles. These loads were used for critter control and just general all around fun. Among the things we loaded was rock salt, carpet tacks, small nails, gravel, ground glass and fish sinkers crimped over fishing line. The later were particualrly impressive when fired into plywood. We had neighbors whose fence joined ours that owned a couple of old Jenny's. These Jenny's made it a habit of riding the fence down requiring repairs. My dad decided to rock salt them. Mind you I did not approve of this practice. My father was terribly cruel to even his own animals and kids to for that matter. Eventually the Jenny's learned the effective range of rock salt and would simply move out of range when they heard the door open. My dad, being the determined type he was, decided the must be a way of "getting even" with these foul critters. In those days one could walk into any hardware store and purchase Dupont dynomite the same as a box of nails. We always kept a goodly supply on hand for removing stumps and fishin' and such. One day the Jenny's returned and in a druken state my dad lit and tossed one of the sticks into the field next to them. There was no real damage but for years if anyone stepped out the back door and hissed loud they could make any triple crown winner look slow by comparison.

------------------
Gunslinger

Page generated in 0.03602 seconds with 8 queries