View Single Post
Old June 24, 2013, 06:52 PM   #12
zippy13

I'm not intimate with Citories; but, O/U guns have common features. It's hard to evaluate a bad primer or light/short firing pin strike after the fact -- ideally you'd have well scrutinized the shell before loading. In forty+ years of shot-shell reloading my only failures to fire have resulted from something obvious, like a broken spring or firing pin. I'm old school, and I've always reloaded shot-shells with the primer brand same as the hull.

I tend to agree with my friend, olddrum1, there's likely something on the lower pin's shoulder that's impeding the firing pin. With my O/Us, the lower barrel gets a lot more action that the top. Consequently, problems usually occur in the lower barrel.

Depending on the geometry of the action, the upper barrel frequently has a better mechanical advantage than the lower one. There's a longer resultant moment arm with the top pin. This may contribute to lighter strikes in the under barrel -- there's nothing you can do about this.

There's also the possibility of a manufacturing error. One of my buddies had a problem with his P-Mirage. His gun was a transitional model when Perazzi was altering its manufacturing process. A factory pin would not work in his lower barrel. PerazziUSA modified (shoulder set back) a set of factory pins to fit his specific gun.
Quote:
the FTF's were all with a buddy's reloads
My personal rule is to avoid another's reloads. You're lucky, you just had a failure to fire -- I've witnessed a breech failure (Belgium Browning) using a friend's overloaded reload. My friend, I don't recall, have you had any FTFs with quality factory ammo?

Last edited by zippy13; June 27, 2013 at 12:08 AM. Reason: speeling eroor

Page generated in 0.02577 seconds with 8 queries