View Single Post
Old August 13, 2013, 12:58 PM   #18
dahermit

Quote:
From all the input I got on this thread, it seems people are more willing to recommend a semi-automatic pistol rather than a revolver at .22LR .
Auto-loading pistols have taken more of the market (and popularity), than they used to. However, considering the single purpose to which you state that you will put it, a revolver (in .22 Long Rifle), will serve just as well.

Quote:
Won't semi-automatics jam with such a small, relatively low power cartridge?
No, a Ruger MKII or Browning Buckmark are very reliable and fun to shoot.

It just comes down to which gun appeals to you more. I am basically a revolver person, but my "working"( Raccoons, Opossums, Et. al., in and around my property) gun, is a plain-Jane Buckmark although I have had Ruger .22 autos that were just as good.

When choosing your gun, carefully consider to what purpose it is going to be put...for instance you did not mention self-defense, hunting, etc... Some, many, Americans will typically suggest a gun with a different frame of mind. You will have to decide which serves your specific purpose best.

For target, it is best to have three things...Long barrel for longer sighting radius, heavy barrel for forward weight, and adjustable sights for adjusting the point of impact. If you are serious about target shooting, a .22 Long Rifle Ctg. is all you will need. However, if your idea of target shooting is to fantasize about blowing a bad-guy away, then by all means get something bigger like a 9MM.

Page generated in 0.02343 seconds with 8 queries