View Single Post
Old February 15, 2013, 01:27 PM   #8
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Quote:
It seems that for years folk have struggled with the cold, clean bore shot--when the answer to the issue has been handy all along. Just because someone is a pedigreed "match winner" that does not mean they have the market cornered on knowledge.
In the same vein knowing your particular gun counts. My 300 Wby will do the first 3 shots like this 100 yard target and then shots 4, 5,and 6 will be high right. Shooting at 200 or 300 I wouldn't expect a 2nd or 3rd shot so the first one has to be right. At 200 yards with this scope setting I am typically shooting approximately the same size groups but in the center of the bull and at 300 yards I am 5" below the bull but only with the first 3 shots. Not a gun that would be good for prairie dogs. I always shoot clean cold bore because I know where my first 3 shots are going.

It generally shoots tighter than this, these three shots were taken as fast as I could shoot them.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.03145 seconds with 8 queries