View Single Post
Old January 8, 2013, 07:04 AM   #1
Kirkpatrick

The fearmongering of the mentally ill

I have a mental illness (bipolar). I've done searches on the site and was comforted to see that the people on this board are rational about the issue. I have never been adjudicated mentally incompetent, been committed to a hospital, nor have I have I had a 72 hour hold placed on me. The closest I've come to dealing with the criminal justice system is two speeding tickets in 25 years. I hold down a good job and pay the mortgage. And most importantly, when the illness does flare up, I do not carry my gun.

I feel strongly that they are going to try and make a boogie man, scapegoat out of people with certain kinds of illness. Now to the mentally ill who purposely do not get treatment, do not take their medicine, who abuse drugs on top of the illness, and those who have a history of violence, of course they should not be able to have have guns. They have had their rights taken away through due process.

I am a responsible citizen and as such, am entitled to all of my rights under the Constitution. I plead with you, please don't let the fear mongering, anti-gun people (the real crazy people) take away my rights.

If you have any questions about the issue, please feel free to ask, as it is something I did not chose, nor something I did that resulted in my having the condition, I am not ashamed.

Thank you for remembering the rights of every citizen.

Page generated in 0.03396 seconds with 8 queries