View Single Post
Old February 7, 2006, 01:45 AM   #19
chrisandclauida2

stay away from split floor plans. all bed room on same floor and same side. i saw a house that had all bed rooms connected to each other with access doors in the closets. this allowed all family members freedom of movement without exposing them selves. if i were to build a house i would have this set up. i would have all bedroom doors to be of the exterior solid doors fire doors or hotel doors. with reinforced jams. this would allow security for family. i would also have the interconnected bedroom access to a panic room. you don't need anything like the movies just grouted solid block walls with provisions for a short stay. exit to out side would be preferred. this would be a door that only opened out words And only from the inside. you can take this concept to extremes with air and water service and filtration separate. it all depends on how prepared you want to be. simple hotel doors on all bed rooms and inter connected seems basic this would suffice in almost all situation's separate phone service of some sort is a must be it cell or second line access from a separate point all together.. making sure phone interfaces are secure is a priority also for obvious reasons.i would say a dry sprinkler system is a must.i say dry as the lines arent constantly charged with water. wet means they are and if a pipe breaks it is a mess.

Page generated in 0.02039 seconds with 8 queries