View Single Post
Old July 10, 2018, 02:40 AM   #1
mellow_c

Blued Revolvers: How do you store them?

This question comes about because of my interest in nice older Smith & Wesson revolvers.

I've always been a fan of keeping firearms clean with a light coat of oil on them, and then stored in a silicone treated gun sock of some sort (Usually the cheapest ones I can find, maybe from ebay, probably from China).

I'm wondering how you all store your nice blued revolvers to keep them as good as new and impervious to atmospheric or really any sort of physical damage.

I've read (online of course) that some people say gun socks are a real no no with fine firearms because they don't let the gun breath and can trap moisture or affect the finish by making constant contact with the firearm for a long time...

I'm not really sure I believe that.
I live in Colorado so extreme humidity isn't a big concern, and I like the idea of gun socks because it allows firearms to be laid next to one another in storage without causing damage to each other, while they also claim to prevent rust.

Just curious to hear how you all feel. I know that some of you might have rather generous collections, or maybe just a really long time with one particular revolver, so I'd love to hear about your opinions and experiences.

Page generated in 0.02389 seconds with 8 queries