View Single Post
Old December 26, 2020, 05:07 PM   #24
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild cat mccane View Post
Is your 610 accurate with .40? I'm thinking of bullet jump to the rifling and is it an issue...
I shoot .45 Schofield and .45 Colt in a Taurus Judge and can hit 8 inch plates offhand at 20+ yards easily. Rested shooting paper my best group was 1 inch at 10 yards with a 700x load. The Judge didn't like Titegroup.

I also shot .45 ACP in a .45 Colt Redhawk and had issues with standard factory fmj. Switched to using handloads with .452 bullets that are meant for .45 Colt and have a crimp groove, roll crimped the .45 ACP and with 5 to 5.5 grains of Bullseye the accuracy improved greatly.

Bullet jump doesn't make a revolver more accurate, but it's not exactly degrading accuracy in a significant way. I recall seeing a video on youtube where the person was testing .44 Mag, Special, and Russian in a revolver and the difference in group size from Mag to Russian was half an inch at 12 yards. Other than bullseye or silhouette I don't see that making any difference for any other kind of shooting.

EDIT: I just re-watched the video and the groups size for .44 Mag and .44 Russian was the same with certain loads, others the .44 Mag was .1" smaller in group size.

The .44 Special seemed to always have a tighter group up to half an inch smaller.

Last edited by TruthTellers; December 26, 2020 at 06:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.02482 seconds with 8 queries