View Single Post
Old November 21, 2017, 04:23 PM   #5
hounddawg

if I were buying a puller I would definitely give the Hornady serious consideration after reading that review. One question though. With the RCBS you can vary the pullers grip force when tightening the collet to minimize the scarring of the bullet. Is the lever preset or can you adjust the force by how hard or far you pull it back ?

By the way slightly scarred bullets shoot fine. Like some one told me, that little ring goes away about 1 millisecond after the bullet hits the lands. Once when I used a load that I normally used for a slightly lighter bullet weight. I realized it half way through a batch of 50. With the heavier bullet they would have been at high end of the Hogdon load data. I had loaded thirty rounds and wavered between doing a pressure work up set to see if they were safe and shooting them or pulling and reloading. I pulled em but instead of trashing the bullets I reloaded them to use as barrel warmers/foulers. When I shot a group to get the barrel warm and dirty I was pleasantly surprised when it shot a normal group

Last edited by hounddawg; November 21, 2017 at 04:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.02129 seconds with 8 queries