View Single Post
Old January 10, 2017, 10:42 AM   #1465
NINEX19

WARNING: YOUR USE OF ANY LOAD DATA WRITTEN IN MY POST IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY RESULTING FROM USING THIS INFORMATION. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

If you want a really fun (and cheap) load for your .327 Federal, try using the 71g FMJ with 8.0g of Bluedot (standard primer) in a .32 H&R case. I found it to be very accurate at 15 yards from my Ruger SP101 in 327 Fed. I was averaging 1162 fps. Increasing to 8.5g of Bluedot (in my .327 Federal Single Seven) gave me 1368 fps with excellent accuracy also. They ring the gong pretty strong. I had zero signs of over-pressure with both loads and burned clean. The 8.5g load feels like it could be a hotter .327 Federal load.

This load is found elsewhere online from people who have "tested" the load, but not published by any manufacturer. This is not my creation, but it sure is a fun little round. If you give it a try, I would work up, of course. I am not sure if I would go anymore than the 8.5 grain of bluedot, though I have seen online load data for higher with this case/weight combo.

Sorry for this being slightly off topic, but it is relevant since you should only try this load in a .327 Federal chambered gun. I have not tested this in a 32 H&R gun. I suggest you not do that testing either.

Again, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Page generated in 0.03247 seconds with 8 queries