View Single Post
Old February 22, 2013, 02:54 AM   #1
WiscBuckmaster

Why so many mini-14 haters?

Just as the title asks, why so many haters? Because its not "cool and tactical"?
Because they are "not accurate"? I have a mini-14 ranch rifle from the early 90's with thousands of rounds through it and works like it did when new, just great. I always hear about reliability and accuracy being an issue. My dad nor I have ever had any real reliability issues with the rifle whatsoever. And for accuracy, it seems people are talking from their friend's dad's cousin who shot one once, or they just straight up can't shoot worth a darn. I've heard they are just plain unaccurate and after 100 quick shots in a row accuracy is compromised.
Well lets talk about that. Who is ever going to spray 100 rounds as fast as they can and then need to take a 300 yard shot? In a real life scenario you must be up against an army, and no weapon in the world is going to help you. Or it's the urban cowboy yuppies at the range trying to recreate a scene from rambo to cope with having a small pee pee. I shot my first deer when i was 12 years old with my mini-14. I was standing in a cut cornfield, it was 3 minutes before shooting closed legally, so it was dark, and it was about -20 with the wind chill. I took 1 shot at a trotting doe at 200 yards and dropped her like a sack of bricks. The only thing i have to say to most of these people is;
It's not the arrow it's the indian.

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse but i just wanted to see if anyone could shed some light on this topic. I'm a hunter first, a recreational shooter second. IMHO most AR variants look like they are made by fischer-price, ugly plastic.

Page generated in 0.02694 seconds with 8 queries