View Single Post
Old August 31, 2001, 02:18 PM   #15
FPrice

nwgunman....

To be perfectly fair to all, the easy questions are easy to answer. (e.g., you see a man beating another man, or a woman on the ground with a big stick or a rock, you can pretty much assume that using force against that man is justified)

But it's when you come upon an ambiguous situation that requires you to think and analyze what you see (that's all you can go by, what you can actually see and verify for yourself) that the answer becomes harder and more thoughtful.

As I said in an earlier post to Cheapo, many people seemed to already be familiar with this scenario and possibly jumped ahead to a conclusion which was ultimately warranted but you were not quite at that point in what was presented.

The other important factor is the location. If I drive up to MY house, and see an armed, masked man coming down MY driveway, and he doesn't have a POLICE vest on, I am FAIRLY certain that something wrong may be going on.

I just hope that the majority of thread readers will use this exercise to think and expand their range of options and ability to think a situation through.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

Page generated in 0.02337 seconds with 8 queries