View Single Post
Old August 6, 2017, 04:19 AM   #56
bamaranger

Elmer

In a revolver, I'm thinking that Elmer may have been on the right path. One of the round butt, N-frames, .44 mag, or .45 Colt, with the Mtn Gun treatment. A 4" barrel, slim profiled as in the Mtn Gun line. For CC minimalist grips, swappable for bigger ones for hunting or competition. Stainless steel to resist blood and sweat. Then I'd darken it with one of the coating shops. I'd dehorn the rear sights a bit or look after market for something sleeker and tougher than the standard factory target rear. In a .44 mag, I'd consider .44 Spls for SD, for hunting deer, hogs, size game, the magnums. The single action trigger will allow good field shooting. The DA is fast enough if practiced, for SD. An option on this theme might be one of the newer 5-shot, L-Frame .44s (M69?).

In an auto?. Glock, G20. Lighter, slimmer, tough, just enough power to hunt the critters listed. Lots of ammo in hand. Not a .44 certainly, but the equal of the .357 for sure power wise. I hate the triggers, and the factory sights aren't much either. Likely improve on both with aftermarket.

If I had to choose. Probably the Glock. But I wouldn't tell Elmer

Page generated in 0.02231 seconds with 8 queries