View Single Post
Old January 17, 2014, 04:41 PM   #9
LockedBreech

Advancing with a knife while repeatedly being forcefully told to stop is strong evidence of hostile intent, and bringing a knife to a gunfight is strong evidence of hostile intent without any particular concern about winning that fight.

In the current political climate, with pervasive social media and 24/7 hype-driven news, I think police shootings are more scrutinized than they've ever been. Hardly accepted without much thought.

The reason he couldn't wait was because one of the reasons he had been called was that there were concerns the man was going to harm himself. How intense would criticism have been if the man had stabbed himself and bled out while the officer waited outside for more people to arrive? It's kind of a can't-win-for-losing scenario.

Keep in mind the officer was fully aware he was wearing an HD camera, also. He made the decision knowing it was reviewable, and I can't see an officer looking for trouble with that knowledge. I think he probably wanted to check on the man's welfare after not getting a response.

Page generated in 0.03095 seconds with 8 queries