View Single Post
Old February 16, 2013, 01:12 PM   #5
sigarms228

I have a PPQ, many SIGs, and a Glock 19.

IMO the PPQ trigger is not any lighter than my Glock 19 but it is a stupendous trigger and works the way a trigger should - you apply pressure to it and it breaks. By comparison a M&P or many other pistols give you more "feedback" during the trigger pull like that feeling there is gravel in there somewhere during the trigger press.

If that clean break bothers someone then Walther also offer the P99 AS that has a DA/SA like trigger pull and the AS "anti stress" mode which is a much longer take up to the SA trigger pull.

It took me a little while to get used to my PPQ as I had a few unintended double taps at first and that had nothing to do with recoil/muzzle flip but everything to do with it's very short reset compared to what I was used to with my classic SIGs.

I don't find recoil/muzzle flip to be much if any different than my Glock 19 and it is a matter of training with it and getting used to it. Proper grip technique goes a long way in controlling a handgun and frankly most I see at the range are using poor handgun grip control.

I bought my PPQ before CCW was ever even though possible in Illinois. Now that it will be a reality by summer I need to think what I want to use for CCW. Since I am most familiar with my SIGs then very likely I will be looking at DA/SA for CCW as that is my comfort level and I can shoot DA plenty good for DS. It is not that I am worried I can not keep my finger off the trigger until I need to shoot but I like the fact that my CCW firearm would require a long and harder trigger pull to discharge in case the trigger ever got tangled/hung up on something and the hammer to put my thumb on to detect movement of it. I may change my attitude about that after some experience with CCW but that is my current thinking.

Last edited by sigarms228; February 16, 2013 at 01:21 PM.

Page generated in 0.03463 seconds with 8 queries