View Single Post
Old January 11, 2013, 01:47 PM   #16
jimbob86

Quote:
I've tried 2400 but prefer BlueDot.
I was contemplating that (switching to BD), but Alliant sent out this:

Quote:
Safety Notice
At Alliant Powder, we take safety seriously. That’s why we periodically test our products in different situations to be sure our use recommendations stay current. Check here for any safety notes or recall information. Stay safe and keep accurate.
Alliant Powder periodically reviews and tests their published reloading data to verify that our recommended recipes have not changed over time.

During the latest review Alliant Powder discovered that Alliant Powder's Blue Dot® should not be used in the following applications:

Blue Dot® should NOT be used in the 357 Magnum load using the 125 grain projectile (Blue Dot® recipes with heavier bullet weights as specified in Alliant Powders Reloading Guide are acceptable for use).

Blue Dot® should NOT be used in the 41 Magnum cartridge (all bullet weights).
Use of Blue Dot® in the above cases may cause a high pressure situation that could cause property damage and serious personal injury.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause and appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
I also found that I got better velocities w/ 2400 and 158gr XTP's when used with small pistol primers instead of the magnum small pistol primers.

H110 at max loads wrecked cases quickly, and threw 2 foot flames ..... and that muzzle blast that will blow all the pasters off an IDPA target at that close range .... pretty serious powder burns! Reducing loads even slighty caused velocity to fall precipitously...... add that to the fact that it has the textrue of fine sand- it will wreck a Lee PPM...... H110 was the second most disappointing powder I ever purchased.

Page generated in 0.03452 seconds with 8 queries