View Single Post
Old December 23, 2012, 05:10 PM   #713
Sevens

I will not let this thread die like some in the industry wish the .327 Federal Magnum would do!

It's been mentioned here & there that Ruger has ceased production of the .327 Federal chambering of the SP-101 revolver. Was first mentioned in a thread, then a link to another discussion forum showed copied txt from an e-mail from Ruger

Quote:
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:05 PM
Subject: Ruger Online Customer Support Response

> Dear xxx xxxx,
> Thank you for using the Ruger On-Line Customer Support Request Form.
> This e-mail is in response to your question or comment of 10/24/2012

> Comment / question:
> Is Ruger discontinuing the SP101 in the 327 Fed Mag?
> Sincerely,
> xxxxx xxxx
>
> Response:
> That model has been discontinued for the time being.
>
> If you need further information, please visit our website at www.ruger.com or contact us at:
> Sincerely,
> Ruger Firearms
Link for that original post, if you so desire:
http://rugerforum.net/ammo-dump/6323...y-regrets.html

With that said, I visited the Ruger website a moment ago and it shows all three of the 327 Federal revolvers on the site. However, it does NOT have a clickable "ORDER NOW" link for either the SP-101 or the Stainless Blackhawk...but it does still show a clickable link for ordering a GP-100 chambered in .327 Federal.

Back when I bought my .30 Carbine Blackhawk, IIRC, Ruger wasn't making THOSE either and depending on who you ask, Ruger has suspended the production of the .30 Carbine Blackhawk a number of times since first cataloging it. Can't argue...how many .30 Carbine Blackhawk revolvers do we think Ruger is actually selling?! (only to goofballs like me...and you goofs, too)

So I wonder if Ruger is merely "suspending" the .327 Federal revolvers simply because the demand is not there. Not necessarily CEASING production of them for the rest of time.

I suppose we could argue that they are one in the same. Seems odd that Ruger has the GP-100 still in production (at least according to the website) while the others are shelved.

In any case, I sent Ruger an e-mail myself. They've got a fantastic reputation for candid and quick answers to questions submitted via the website. I'll report back.

In the mean time, I'm soon to be range testing some new handloads with the "even Alliant has no clue how to use the stuff" Power Pro MP-300 powder. Sorry, no chrono numbers until spring.

Page generated in 0.03580 seconds with 8 queries