View Single Post
Old October 28, 2009, 10:55 PM   #11
Bosshoff

I plan on doing last years backstraps the same way I do skirt steak. I take fresh garlic, fresh ginger, and fresh black peppar, (a lot of all three) and put it in the small cuisinart processor along with "Lite" soy sauce. I blend this until smooth (minute or so). I then marinate the meat in a large gallon size Ziplock freezer bag in the frig. For venison, probably marinate an hour or so. Too long, and the meat will soak up too much salt from the soy sauce. Bring the meat to room temp BEFORE you cook it! (I.E. take it out of the frig., and place it on the counter for 30 minutes). I then put the Weber on high, let it get good and hot and then cook each side for 3-4 minutes with the grill closed. Before I turn them, I baste with butter. Then I baste the side that was just cooking with butter. The butter and marinate really cooks off, but leaves the flavor. Venison is lean, so fat is your friend (butter).

(I have also used fresh squeezed lime juice along with the soy sauce, for a more south of the border flavor, with pretty good results.)

Page generated in 0.03455 seconds with 8 queries