View Single Post
Old January 18, 2013, 12:45 PM   #52
tahunua001

I'm afraid that I must agree with KilKenny on this one. if they were worth more than their asking price the asking price would be higher. I personally own two and do not see a single feature , be it mechanical, aesthetic or performance that can not be found in my enfields, my springfields, my arisakas or my MAS36. I paid $125 for both of my mosin nagants and I would never pay a penny more for them if I could avoid it.

two of the most publicized snipers of all time used mosin nagants. big whoop, sergeant Alvin York used a 1903 with open sights and killed 28 germans, captured 132 more and managed to silence 32 machineguns all in a single day. Vasille Zaytzev and Simo Hayha never accomplished anything quite so grandiose. however one thing that you must realize is that all of these men handpicked the guns they used, you give me a stack of hi point carbines and I'm sure I can find one that shoots MOA, that doesn't mean that ALL hi point carbines can shoot MOA. the average mosin nagant is a 2-4 MOA rifle, the Finnish ones were turned down unless they met certain accuracy criteria but I don't really count a finnish among them when I talk about mosins as a whole, I mean the russians.

Page generated in 0.03672 seconds with 8 queries